Anger is a normal and healthy emotion that children experience. However, if your child is experiencing frequent anger outbursts that is uncontrollable or harmful to others, parents can benefit from learning strategies to help your child manage their anger.
Causes of emotion regulation problems:
- History of trauma or neglect
- Severe anxiety
Symptoms of emotion regulation problems:
- Low frustration tolerance
- Difficulties following instructions from parents
- Frequent arguing and defiance
- Frequent temper tantrums
- Manipulation towards others
- Disruption of family life and relationships
- Refusal to apologise or accept responsibility for their actions
How can psychology and counselling help?
We can help parents to develop their own parenting skills to help their children with their anger problems and teach children skills.